Inspiration (Nutella Jar)

So here we are again, it's the middle of another working week and time for a little bit of inspiration to get us thought till the weekend.

This one is from Instergram, I follow a grate account called "The Good Quote" there always posting different inspiration photos. There are a lot of screen shoots from this account on my phone. I'm a little bit in love with them.






I know this isn't a first chose for inspiration however there are still things to be taken from it. we all know Nutella that lovely nutty chocolate spread. Now who doesn't love sitting with a jar of it after a horrible, stressful day at work? I understand its nice in the morning sometimes on a piece of toast but it never tastes better then when your having a bad day and just grab a spoonful of it. For me Nutella feels like it has become our go to food for when we're feeling down or stressed. How this relates to people and life? I hear you ask. well I believe that there are people in this world who use others like a Nutella jar, only coming to you when they want something and have problems. 
In my life I used to have friends who would only come to me when they felt down or needed a little pick me up, And me being me I would drop everything to help them get back on there feet and feeling better about life. I was all of my friend's Nutella jars!!. But like all jars I had a bottom and I soon found I was helping out with other people's life more then sorting out me own, I wanted every one around me to be happy but I was creating there happiness at my own expense.

 This sadly lead to me feeling like I didn't have any time for my own life, I wasn't happy within my self. I hit a big low last year, not knowing where I wanted to go and having no motivation for sorting out my life. It was then that I realised I had tired myself out. spending so much time listening to other people, letting them eat away at me like a Nutella jar that I had lost the energy for me, I needed to focus on my own happiness before helping others. This photo reminded me of that, the feelings I had about my life last year and how everyone around me was happy, yet the most impotent person in my life "me" wasn't  I'm not saying we shouldn't help people absolutely not, but we can't make everyone around us happy, not all the time anyway. Over the past year I've learnt that the best thing to do is to be happy with in you'r self and this in turn makes people around you happy. So I have ditched the Nutella jar, both being one and eating one. and I'm feeling a lot better about life, I'm still there for my friends when they need me, but I never forget me time (even if  this does sometimes involving Nutella, Hey I'm only human).


Thank you for taking the time to read this post, hope you enjoyed it, feel free to check out my other inspiration post on my blog and have a fabulous week everyone. 

Lucy Alice xx