Katy (Flower Girl)



Back in November I was lucky enough to do a shoot for Katy, a beautiful local up and coming model. The shoot took place at Staunton Country Park just out side Havant on a very cold day late November ( poor Katy was freezing by the end of it) however the shoot was still a huge success.






Some of the ideas behind the shoot was to capture bright summer flowers against bare winter woodland, this was achieved by the creative flower head dress made by Katy herself; adding a little splash of colour to the shoot. we also had a play with candles, props are something I've not used before and they added there own little difficulties, such as going out just as the photo was set up and turning in to horrible light blobs with in the photos. (have a look at the inspiration behind the shoot here)




After editing the shoot I felt as if it was in two halves, outside woodland and indoor flower bath. Flower bath is something I had always wanted to try, however never had someone who was willing to have a go. Katy was amazing thought out the whole shoot, modeling really well and coming up with some creative ideas that really helped the shoot flow.

 
  


 

I am in love with how this shoot turned out, and there will definitely be more flower bath shoots in 2015, I also hope to work with Katy again on other shoots this year.
If your interested in working with me, please feel free to contact me, links are on my Facebook page.